Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
disabling controls, in FormMaker
11-Nov-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: disabling controls, in FormMaker
Hi RickO

Some of the settings you are describing sound a bit odd. There is no direct association between the radio buttons and hidden fields as such, just implied by the same XPaths.

Do you have some screen shots of the Field Details and Data Bindings screens?

Is your project just a test project? Are you able to send an export of your project? We can look at it for you. If it's sensitive you can always send it to support @ hyfinity.com

Regards
Abdul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-Nov-2015, 02:10 PM
(11-Nov-2015 12:40 PM)Abdul Wrote:  Hi RickO

Some of the settings you are describing sound a bit odd. There is no direct association between the radio buttons and hidden fields as such, just implied by the same XPaths.

Do you have some screen shots of the Field Details and Data Bindings screens?

Is your project just a test project? Are you able to send an export of your project? We can look at it for you. If it's sensitive you can always send it to support @ hyfinity.com

Regards
Abdul

Hello Abdul,
Thank you for your helpfulness....I will ask my management what they'd like to do next.
Abdul, if we take your suggestion and email screen-prints, we must send them to " support @ hyfinity.com (attention: Abdul) " ?

(Abdul, my management might ask if you're a member of Hyfinity's customer-support staff, and this Forum's Moderator, too.)
11-Nov-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi RickO

Yes, I am a member of the Hyfinity Team. You can simply address any submissions to support @ hyfinity.com . This is monitored by the support team.

Hope this helps
Abdul
11-Nov-2015, 04:12 PM
Hi RickO

I've attached an export of an example if this helps. You should be able to unzip and point to the exported_project.xml file in your import option in XDE.

This may help.
Abdul

Attached File(s)
.zip  radiotest.zip (Size: 283.16 KB / Downloads: 43)
11-Nov-2015, 08:30 PM
(11-Nov-2015 04:12 PM)Abdul Wrote:  Hi RickO

I've attached an export of an example if this helps. You should be able to unzip and point to the exported_project.xml file in your import option in XDE.

This may help.
Abdul

Hello Abdul,
Your 'radiotest' example is a big help: it's become our model, and the one radio-button we've updated is 'working as advertised'.... thank you! Smile

Would you say we can apply hidden fields to our two text-boxes, Abdul, with the same success? (disabled, but retaining their text as read-only).

Thanks again,
RickO
12-Nov-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi RickO

You are welcome Smile

Yes, you can use the same approach for text boxes, but as I've mentioned before, text boxes should work when the 'read only' option is ticked for the disable method. You can then tick the 'Disable Field Based on Runtime Data' and enter your XPath for the 'Disable If' in Data Bindings.

The difference between the 'read only' and 'disabled' methods is that the Browser will not provide any visual clues that the field is disabled with the 'read only' option. You will therefore have to style the field yourself. You can locate such settings under 'Field Style Details' within 'Field Details'.

I have attached radiotest2 with a text box.

Hope this helps.
Abdul

Attached File(s)
.zip  radiotest2.zip (Size: 283.8 KB / Downloads: 46)
18-Nov-2015, 09:49 PM
(12-Nov-2015 12:18 PM)Abdul Wrote:  Hi RickO

You are welcome Smile

Yes, you can use the same approach for text boxes, but as I've mentioned before, text boxes should work when the 'read only' option is ticked for the disable method. You can then tick the 'Disable Field Based on Runtime Data' and enter your XPath for the 'Disable If' in Data Bindings.

The difference between the 'read only' and 'disabled' methods is that the Browser will not provide any visual clues that the field is disabled with the 'read only' option. You will therefore have to style the field yourself. You can locate such settings under 'Field Style Details' within 'Field Details'.

I have attached radiotest2 with a text box.

Hope this helps.
Abdul

Hello Abdul,
Thank you again for your excellent advice, to render our radio-buttons and text-boxes 'read only'. We are pleased with the result, and appreciate all your helpful guidance.
Thanks very much,
RickO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  making controls read-only RickO 1 908 09-Nov-2015 04:07 PM
Last Post: Abdul
Question Custom UI Controls Hawk 1 1,430 14-Jan-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: Gerard
  Spacing between controls va@H 3 2,653 19-Mar-2012 01:24 PM
Last Post: va@H